Job in South Florida
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cisco Network Engineer Fort Lauderdale
5+ years Cisco Router/Switching experience, 5+ years network engineering experience, CCNA or CCNP
Coleman Technologies, Inc. is an employee owned business founded in 1995 to provide systems engineering and information technology (IT) services built on extensive experience in aerospace systems engineering. CTI provides services to the US government, local and state governments, and large commercial organizations with challenging engineering problems. Services focus on the analysis, design, modeling, integration, test, and evaluation of complex hardware / software systems in the areas of network architecture, network security, distributed information processing, distributed training, RF communication and remote monitoring systems, and weapon system modeling. CTI is continually seeking talented, hard-working, and energetic individuals to join our team. (www.ctiusa.com)
This position would offer a challenging opportunity to work with a variety of technologies and maximize your skill set to its potential. Coleman Technologies, (CTI), maintains partnerships with leading technology partners, including Cisco Systems, to deliver complete, integrated solutions to our customers. We strive to maintain the highest level of both industry and vendor-specific technical certifications (e.g., PMP, CISSP, CWNE, CCIE, MCSE) in relevant areas in order to offer the most advanced IT solutions at the highest level of implementation proficiency. As an example, Coleman Technologies is one of the most highly certified Cisco Systems partners in the world maintaining virtually every one of Cisco*s advanced technology certifications and Master Unified Communication and Security specializations. This unique organization has projects secured with various government agencies (including the Secret Service, FBI, missile defense) in addition to numerous visible, high profile accounts throughout the region.
Our organization is proud to provide a competitive benefit package including NO cost for Family medical, dental and vision coverage, an aggressive company matching 401K, performance bonus program, a profit sharing plan and continuous training/skill development.
Department: Network Solutions Group
Job Reports To: Network Engineering Manager
Job Summary: The Senior Network Engineer is a multifaceted position requiring three primary activities with responsibilities in pre-sales system and network design, network implementations, and customer technical support.
* Design, implement, troubleshoot, and maintain local and wide area networks of diverse computer systems. Ability to configure network devices such as switches, routers, firewalls, content networking, and voice and video applications from multiple vendors. Assigned projects are diverse in nature requiring initiative and judgment in determining appropriate solutions as well as significant knowledge in all aspects of local and wide area data and telephony communications in addition to other closely related technologies.
* Management, performance and completion of major new projects. May be asked to perform responsibilities of a Project Manager to include overseeing all preparation and data collection for new major projects.
* Provide technical assistance to marketing/sales in the design and integration of customer applications relating to complex computing and communication systems.
* Provide technical support to sales staff in determining possible application of company products to meet customer requirements.
* Provide technical support to maintenance and implementation staffs in defining network and product applications.
* Analyze vendor product specifications and evaluates product performance as well as network operations
* Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services.
* Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects.
* Perform customer support activities for data communications equipment and networking system products.
* Must identify an area of specialization.
* Provide technical training to CTI engineering staff.
* Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
* CCNA or CCNP Certification or equivalent experience. (new hire must obtain certification within first year of employment)
* Experience 5+ years-related experience.
* Network Planning, Implementation and Operational background is required.
* Network Design background highly desired.
* Pre-Sales experience highly desired.
* Knowledge and demonstrated operating experience in 3 (or more) of the following area*s of specialization:
o Internetworking Routing and Switching
o WAN Networking Architectures & Protocols
IP and/or Legacy Telephony Systems and Applications
o Wireless Bridging & LANs
Security Systems & Applications
o IP Video Conferencing & Surveillance
Storage Network Architectures and Applications
o Servers Operating Systems, Structures and Applications (MS, Novell, Unix, Citrix)
o Network Management Systems and Applications
o Project Management
* Understanding and conversant about company, solutions and product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
* Experience with telecommunications network theory, design and architecture.
* Relevant experience in Network Management, Security, Planning, Traffic Engineering and Implementation.
* Ability to install applications on UNIX and NT operating systems.
* Experience with project management and resource tracking techniques.
* Knowledge of software and/or hardware, testing and implementation.
* Strong written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills.
* Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member.
* Demonstrate technical knowledge and consultative skills.
* Strong problem solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
* Must be able to coordinate across various groups and functional teams.
* Ability to perform tasks with minor supervision.
* Demonstrate ability to implement, drive and track projects.
* Ability to apply solutions, technology and products to a business opportunity.
It is the policy of Coleman Technologies, Inc. to not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, creed, color, age, religion, national origin, disability or veteran status, and to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for qualified individuals.
Coleman Technologies, Inc.
20 North Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801
Phone: (407) 481-8600