Friday, November 9, 2007

Friday

Worked BGP order inbox again today.

ebgp multihop

loopback IP address

GigabitEthernet interface cards

2 x T1 3 Mb multihomed loopback circuit

Nothing like real world, real time, real life lab work. That's called experience. When you apply for a job they want to know your education and your experience. In the Cisco certification world, the only education they care about is CCNA or no CCNA.

After they hear about your education then they want to know about experience.

How many applicants can put down real world, real time, real life CLI experience?

Well, mostly all of them once you get past the entry level positions.

But hardly any of them at the entry level positions.

So I think that would put me ahead of the crowd when I go to put in for the Network Engineer I position in Reston, Virginia.

I figure I'll start putting in for jobs in Reston beginning in January of 2009. I'm not an any big hurry to leave Atlanta right now.

No comments: