Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dear Hiring Manager:

I am seeking employment opportunities in the field of Cisco network engineering.

My career objective is to continue to study for Cisco certifications while working on production Cisco networks on the job.

I obtained the CCNP certification on July 24, 2011.

Since September 2008 I have been working as a Network Engineer for Sprint in Reston, Virginia. A description of my current job can be seen here.

For the ten years prior to that I was working for Sprint in the Broadband Access Delivery circuit test and turn up group in Atlanta, Georgia. There I performed physical layer testing on circuits ranging from DS3 to OC768. Mostly SONET transport network, some DWDM. Extensive use of T1 testing, narrow-band DACS, wideband DACS and broadband DACS. React test set. Loopback and acceptance testing with LECs.

See resume here.

Around October 2007 I started getting interested in Cisco certifications and the Cisco certification career path. I began to attend the Atlanta Cisco Study Group meetings in Atlanta, Georgia.

A couple of Cisco router engineers from Reston, Virginia came to Atlanta to provide some IP Activations training and I was fortunate to be able to attend those classes for 3 weeks.

Shortly thereafter, in August of 2008 I took an opportunity to work with the IP Network Activations team in Reston, Virginia near Washington, DC.

I have been working as an IP Network Activations engineer with Sprint/Nextel/Ericsson at the Reston, Virginia NOC since that time.

Here in Reston I am a member of the Cisco Mid-Atlantic User Group and Cisco IP Telephony User Group.

If you are an employer who's business revolves around Cisco IP routing and switching networks then I would be interested in talking with you.

I am interested in all of the Cisco tracks and would be willing to study whichever track is needed. Company paid training and company assisted training programs, along with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies with senior level Cisco Network Engineers and CCIE's, are my highest priorities.

What I bring to the table has been noted above along with an above average focus and propensity to study and learn Cisco routing and switching technologies.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Doug Kenline
http://www.dougkenline.com/

No comments: